Gaming, Government, Commercial, Litigation
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
Mr. Rubinstein has practiced law for more than 30 years, becoming an accomplished gaming attorney, and serving as general counsel for leading companies in the gaming industry. As chief legal officer for companies such as Wynn Resorts, Caesars Palace, Affinity Gaming, Tropicana Entertainment, and the Cosmopolitan Resort & Casino, Mr. Rubinstein accumulated a vast array of knowledge in multiple legal disciplines, most notably gaming regulation and compliance, corporate law, corporate securities, corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, land use planning and development, restructuring, commercial litigation, and government affairs.
Mr. Rubinstein has held the following positions in his career:
- Affinity Gaming – Senior VP, General Counsel & Secretary
- Tropicana Entertainment, Inc. – Senior VP, General Counsel & Secretary
- Cosmopolitan Resort & Casino – General Counsel
- Wynn Resorts, Limited – Senior VP, General Counsel & Secretary
- Caesars Palace, Caesars Tahoe and The Desert Inn – Senior VP, General Counsel & Secretary
Mr. Rubinstein also has been licensed or found suitable by gaming regulatory authorities as an officer or key employee in several U.S. jurisdictions.
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC AFFILIATIONS
- International Association of Gaming Advisors - Counselor and past President
- State Bar of Nevada Gaming Law Section
BAR AND COURT ADMISSIONS
Mr. Rubinstein is licensed to practice law in the State of Nevada and has been admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court in Nevada, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Juris Doctorate, New York University School of Law
Bachelor of Science, magna cum laude, Duke University